Arkansas Commission on Closing the Achievement Gap
The philosophy of the Commission on Closing the Achievement Gap is to ensure that all children have an opportunity for an education that will focus on equity as a means to achieve a closure in scores between and among diverse learning communities of students.
The commission will focus on initiatives to ensure that the production of highly qualified teachers will be one of the means for closing the achievement gap. Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) will be a means for assessing gap closure. Building capacity for parents to become connected and more involved in the education of their children is yet another means for closing the gap. There are other gap closing initiatives that may be recommended as achievement closure strategies.
- 3rd Annual Bridging the Gap Flyer
- 2013 Academic Distress Schools Formula
- 2013 Remediation Calculation Report - Revised 12-20-2013
- Copy of Final Attendance and Income and Expenses
- Copy of Gap Local Chairs
- Gap House Bill 2164
- III Annual Bridging the Gap Symposium 2014 Agenda (Audience)
- The Art and Science of Teaching CCSS - Dr. Marzano July 2013